Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Maximum distance between PolyPropylene pipes supports.
Maximum support spacing for PP - PolyPropylene - pipes depends on the operating temperature. Maximum spacing between supports at different temperatures can be found in the tables below:
PP Pipes - Schedule 40
- 1 ft (foot) = 0.3048 m
- T(oC) = 5/9[T(oF) - 32]
Polypropylene is a thermoplastic polymer used in a wide variety of applications. Polypropylene is unusually resistant to chemical solvents, bases and acids.
- Sizes and dimensions of pipes and tubes, and their fittings - inside and outside diameter, weight and more.
- Maximum distance between supports for ABS, PE, PVC, Fiberglass and Steel Pipes.
- Prandtl number for air vs. temperature and pressure.
- Dimensions of pressure rated PP pipes according ASTM F2389.
- Maximum space between supports aand clips for copper tubes.
- Maximum distance between CPVC pipe supports.
- Deutsches Institut für Normung - DIN - pipe, tube and fittings standards and specifications.
- Support of Drain Waste and Vent - DWV - pipes.
- Plastic piping systems for soil and waste discharge (low and high temperature) within the building structure.
- Support spacing for reinforced Epoxy fiberglass pipes.
- Recommended maximum support span between hangers - and rod sizes for straight horizontal pipes.
- Friction head loss (ft/100 ft) vs. water flow in plastic pipes like PVC, PP, PE or PEH.
- Piping materials like ABS, PE, PVC, CPVC, PB, PP and SR and pressure and operating temperature limits.
- Chemical resistance of Polypropylene - PP - to acids, bases, organic substances and solvents.
- Maximum distance between pressfit pipe supports.
- Distance between PVC pipe supports.
- Maximum distance between PVDF pipe supports.
- Recommended max. distance between steel pipe supports.
- Linear temperature expansion coefficients for common materials like aluminum, copper, glass, iron and many more.
- Maximum space between supports for PVC, CPVC, PVDF and PP pipes vs. temperature.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2004). PP - PolyPropylene Pipes - Support Spacing. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/support-spacing-pp-pipes-d_793.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.