Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Densities - pound per cubic foot and kilograms per cubic metre - of dirt and mud.
Dirt and Mud - Densities
- ρ -
|Dirt, loose dry ||76 ||1220 |
|Dirt, loose moist ||78 ||1250 |
|Clay, dry ||100 ||1600 |
|Clay, wet ||110 ||1760 |
|Gravel, dry ||105 ||1680 |
|Gravel, Wet ||125 ||2000 |
|Limestone ||160 ||2560 |
|Loam ||80 ||1280 |
|Mud, flowing ||108 ||1730 |
|Mud, steady ||115 ||1840 |
|Rock, well blasted ||155 ||2480 |
|Sand, dry ||97 ||1555 |
|Sand, wet ||119 ||1905 |
- Densities of solids, liquids and gases. Definitions and convertion calculators.
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Online density converter with commonly used units.
- An introduction to density, specific weight and specific gravity.
- Weight or density of ditch filling materials.
- Calculate lateral earth pressure acting on basement walls.
- Gravel aggregate covering area.
- Densities of minerals.
- Typical weight and composition of soil.
- Types of soil and resistivity.
- Soil and rock expansion - or swell - after mining.
- Specific gravity for common solids and metals like aluminum, asbestos, brass, calcium and many others.
- Specific heat of products like wet mud, granite, sandy clay, quartz sand and more.
- Estimate trench excavation - online calculator.
- Pressure acting on underground pipes due to weight of soil and transport.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Dirt and Mud - Densities . [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/dirt-mud-densities-d_1727.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.