Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Pressure ratings of ABS 1208, ABS 1210, ABS 1316 and ABS 2112.
Water pressure ratings at 23oC (73oF) for schedule 40 ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic pipes with material designation
- ABS 2112
- ABS 1316
- ABS 1210
- ABS 1208
are indicated in the diagram below.
ABS Pipes - Schedule 40
ABS Pipes - Schedule 80
ABS Material Designation
- Material: Type I, Grade 2
- Code classification: 5-2-2
- Hydrostatic design stress: 1000 psi
- Material: Type I, Grade 3
- Code classification: 3-5-5
- Hydrostatic design stress: 1600 psi
- Material: Type II, Grade 1
- Code classification: 4-4-5
- Hydrostatic design stress: 1250 psi
- Pressure ratings of pipes and tubes and their fittings - carbon steel , stainless steel, plastic, copper and more.
- Maximum distance between supports for ABS, PE, PVC, Fiberglass and Steel Pipes.
- Nominal pipe size, outside diameter, thickness and weight.
- Support of Drain Waste and Vent - DWV - pipes.
- Piping materials like ABS, PE, PVC, CPVC, PB, PP and SR and pressure and operating temperature limits.
- Introduction to pressure - online pressure units converter.
- Densities of selected solids.
- Linear temperature expansion coefficients for common materials like aluminum, copper, glass, iron and many more.
- Physical properties of thermoplastics like ABS, PVC, CPVC, PE, PEX, PB and PVDF.
- Rapidly closing or opening valves - or starting stopping pumps - may cause pressure transients in pipelines known as surge or water hammers.
- Young's Modulus (or Tensile Modulus alt. Modulus of Elasticity) and Ultimate Tensile Strength and Yield Strength for materials like steel, glass, wood and many more.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). ABS Pipes - Pressure Ratings. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/abs-pipes-pressure-ratings-d_1594.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.