Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Common bacteria and viruses found in food.
Common microorganisms found in food
- Corynebacterium, Leuconostoc - found in dairy products
- Achromobacter - found in meat, poultry, seafoods
- Bacteriodes, Proteus - found in eggs and meats
- Pseudomonas - found in meats, poultry, eggs
Common pathogenic bacteria found in food
- Clostridium botulinum
- Salmonella spp.
- Clostridium perfringens
- Botulinum spp.
- Streptococci spp.
- Lactobacillus spp.
- Shigellas spp.
- Salmonella spp.
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Staphlococcus aureus
- Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Bacillus cereus
- Pseudomonas spp.
- Vibrio spp.
Common pathogenic viruses found in food
- Hepatitis A virus
Some Major Bacterial Diseases Transmitted to Humans by Food
- Campylobacter - causes Campylobacteriosis
- Listeria monocytogenes- causes Listeriosis
- Salmonella spp. - Salmonellosis
- Salmonella typhi - causes Typhoid fever
- Shigella dysenteriae - causes Dysentery
- Vibrio cholerae - causes Cholera
- Yersinia enterocolitica - causes Diarrheal disease
- Enterobacteriaceae - causes Enteric disease
Some Major Viral Diseases Transmitted to Humans by Food
- ECHO virus- causes Gastroenteritis
- HAV virus- caauses Hepatitis type A
- Norwalk agent - causes Viral diarrhea
- Rotavirus - causes Infant diarrhea
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Human physiology, air quality and comfort temperatures, activity and metabolic rates, health effects of carbon monoxide and more.
- Drying temperature and time for products like food, coffee, fruits, lumber and more.
- Energy in carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- pH in common food products - like apples, butter, wines and more.
- Specific heat of common food and foodstuff like apples, bass, beef, pork and many more.
- Bulk densities of some common food products like grain, corn, barley, sugar and more.
- Osmotic pressure in food products.
- Absolute (dynamic) viscosity for common food products.
- Practical storage life for common frozen food products.
- Optimal temperature and humidity conditions for common fruits and vegetables.
- Heating with microwaves.
- Water content before and after drying - in food and other products cork, grain, soap, peat, wood and more.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2020). Food-borne Infections and Diseases. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/food-bacteria-viruses-diseases-d_2180.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.