- 1 electron volt (eV) = 1.6021 10-19 J
- 1 erg (erg) = 10-7 J (exact)
- 1 calorie, thermochemical (cal) = 4.184 J
- 1 British thermal unit (Btu) = 1055.6 J
- 1 Q (Q) = 1018 Btu (exact)
- 1 quad (q) = 1015 Btu (exact)
- 1 tons oil equivalent (toe) = 4.19 1010 J
- 1 barrels oil equivalent (bbl) = 5.74 109 J
- 1 tons coal equivalent (tce) = 2.93 1010 J
- 1 m3 of natural gas = 3.4 107 J
- 1 litre of gasoline = 3.2 107 J
- 1 kilowatthour (kWh) = 3.6 106 J
Work, heat and energy systems.
The amount of thermal energy stored in heated water.
Heating fuels and their energy content.
Fluid energy transfer.
Heat vs. work vs. energy.
Search Engineering ToolBox
- the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox!
About Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. Only emails and answers are saved in our archive. Cookies are only used in the browser to improve user experience.
Some of our calculators and applications let you save application data to your local computer. These applications will - due to browser restrictions - send data between your browser and our server. We don't save this data.