Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
ANSI/SO, DIN and JIS bolts.
ANSI/ISO, DIN and JIS metric bolt head and wrench sizes:
- ANSI B22.214.171.124M Metric Heavy Hex Flange Screws
- ISO 4228 Spanners and wrenches -- Spline drive ends for power socket wrenches
- ISO 724 - Metric Threads
An Allen key, Allen wrench or hex key is a tool used to drive bolts and screws with hexagonal sockets in their heads.
- Bolts, nuts and threaded rods - torque, tension and loads.
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Tensile stress and Hooke's Law.
- Hardwood and softwood drill speed chart.
- Distances between corners for hexagons and squares.
- Dimensions of metric threads according ISO 724.
- Minimum ultimate tensile and proof loads for metric bolts with coarse or fine threads.
- Recommended thightening torque metric bolts.
- Metric steel bolts, screws and studs - proof and tensile strength.
- Recommended clearance holes and drill tap sizes.
- Lubrication effect on bolt tension and torque.
- Metric versus Imperial equivalent screw dimensions.
- ASTM steel bolts - proof and tensile strength.
- SAE steel bolts - grades ranging grade 1 to 8.2 - proof and tensile strength.
- Standard metric T-slots and T-nuts.
- Threaded bolts tensile stress area.
- ANSI/ASME B1.1 Unified National Thread - UNC Coarse series and UNF Fine series.
- Hex Bolt, Lag Bolt, Square Bolt and Heavy Hex Bolt.
- ANSI/ASME B18.2.1 Dimensions of Hex Bolts - Imperial units.
- ANSI/ASME B18.2.3M Dimensions of Hex Bolts - Metric units.
- Machine screw diameters.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2009). Metric Bolt Heads and Wrench Sizes. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/metric-bolt-head-wrench-size-d_1458.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.