Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Properties like Youngs modulus, tensile strength, compressive strength and fracture of toughness for ice.
- Youngs modulus of elasticity E (GPa): 9.1
- Fracture of toughness Kc (MPa m1/2): 0.12
- Ultimate tensile strength σu (MPa): 1
- Compressive strength σc (MPa): 6
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Safe loads vs. thickness for clear and solid ice.
- Thermal and thermodynamic properties of ice like density, thermal conductivity and specific heat at temperatures from 0 to -100 oC.
- Online calculator, figures and tables with melting points of ice to water at pressures ranging from 0 to 29000 psia (0 to 2000 bara). Temperature given as °C, °F, K and °R.
- Ice coat weigth on horizontal pipe lines.
- Thermodynamic properties of saturated ice and steam - specific volume, enthalpy and entropy.
- Young's Modulus (or Tensile Modulus alt. Modulus of Elasticity) and Ultimate Tensile Strength and Yield Strength for materials like steel, glass, wood and many more.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2020). Ice - Properties. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ice-properties-mechanical-d_2179.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.