Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Common sizing of glue-laminated timber.
Glued laminated timber is a structural engineered wood product made of layers of dimensioned lumber bonded together with adhesives.
Glue-Laminated Timber - Dimensions
|3 ||2 1/4 |
|4 ||3 1/8 |
|6 ||5 1/8 |
|8 ||6 3/4 |
|10 ||8 3/4 |
|12 ||10 3/4 |
|14 ||12 1/4 |
|16 ||14 1/4 |
- Deflection and stress, moment of inertia, section modulus and technical information of beams and columns.
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Board feet is used as a volume measurement of lumber.
- Wood screws, machine screws, sheet metal screws, self drilling SMS and more.
- Sizing of hardwood lumber.
- Lumber and surface finishing abbreviations.
- Commercial softwood lumber dimension chart - nominal and actual sizes.
- Rough lumber, surfaced lumber (dressed), worked lumber, shop and factory lumber and yard lumber.
- Basic size, area, moments of inertia and section modulus for timber - metric units.
- Properties of structural lumber.
- The density of wood versus moisture content.
- Bending and compression strength of wood species used in beams.
- Safe loads for wood columns.
- Weight supported by a double or triple wood headers.
- Allowable withdrawal load force.
- Densities of various wood species - apple, ash, cedar, elm and more.
- Weight of green and air-dried fire wood.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2014). Glue-Laminated Timber - Dimensions. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/glue-laminated-timber-sizing-d_1897.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.