Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Activity and average water consumption
The values bellow can be used as an indication of activities and their connected water consumption:
Human Activity and Water Consumption
|Brushing teeth, tap running ||2 - 3 ||7.5 - 11.5 |
|Bath ||30 - 40 ||115 - 150 |
|Dish-washing by hand, tap running ||10 - 20 ||38 - 75 |
|Dishwasher ||7 - 10 ||26 - 38 |
|Food preparation || ||11 - 19 |
|Hands washing, tap running ||1 - 2 ||3.5 - 7.5 |
|Laundry machine ||40 ||150 |
|Shaving, tap running ||2 - 5 ||7.5 - 19 |
|Shower (per minute) ||2 - 4 ||7.5 - 15 |
|Toilet (per flush) ||1.5 - 4 ||5.5 - 15 |
- Hot and cold water service systems - design properties, capacities, sizing and more.
- Domestic Hot-Water sizing equations - heating capacity, recovery rate and power supply.
- Design procedures for domestic hot water service systems.
- Introduction to general design of domestic service water supply systems - with pressurized or gravity tanks.
- Farming and animals required water supply.
- Consumption of hot water per person or occupant.
- Composition of the human body.
- Calculating expected demand for water supply service lines.
- Supply requirements for common fixtures.
- Free online tool for designing water supply systems in buildings.
- Water consumption in garden fixtures.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2014). Water - Human Activity and Consumption. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/water-use-activity-d_1900.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.