Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Calculate steam flow rate vs. kW rating.
Steam flow rate when kW rating is known can be calculated as
ms = 3600 P / he (1)
ms = steam flow rate (kg/h)
P = load in kW (kW)
he = specific enthalpy of evaporation of steam at working pressure (kJ/kg)
- Thermodynamics of steam and condensate systems.
- Steam boilers output can be expressed in Boiler Horsepower, MBTU or in Pounds of Steam delivered per hour.
- Heat transfer when steam condensates.
- Calculating steam and condensate loads in steam heated systems.
- Saturated Steam Table with steam properties as specific volume, density, specific enthalpy and specific entropy.
- Steam is a compressible gas where pipe line mass flow capacity depends on steam pressure.
- Steam is a compressible gas where the capacity of a pipe line depends on the size of the pipe and the steam pressure.
- Steam consumption rates for typical steam heated consumers in industries like bakeries, breweries, paper factories etc.
- Calculating the amount of steam in non-flow batch and continuous flow heating processes.
- An introduction to the basic design of steam heating systems.
- The most common units of heat BTU - British Thermal Unit, Calorie and Joule.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Steam - Flow vs. kW Rating. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/steam-flow-kw-d_1057.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.