Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Speed of sound in water at temperatures ranging 32 - 212oF (0 - 100oC) - Imperial and SI units.
Speed of Sound in Water - imperial units (BG units)
Water - Speed of Sound vs. Temperature - Imperial Units
- t -
|Speed of Sound|
- c -
|32 ||4603 |
|40 ||4672 |
|50 ||4748 |
|60 ||4814 |
|70 ||4871 |
|80 ||4919 |
|90 ||4960 |
|100 ||4995 |
|120 ||5049 |
|140 ||5091 |
|160 ||5101 |
|180 ||5095 |
|200 ||5089 |
|212 ||5062 |
Speed of Sound in Water - in SI units
Water - Speed of Sound vs. Temperature - SI Units
- t -
|Speed of Sound|
- c -
|0 ||1403 ||1449 |
|5 ||1427 || |
|10 ||1447 ||1490 |
|20 ||1481 ||1522 |
|30 ||1507 ||1546 |
|40 ||1526 ||1563 |
|50 ||1541 || |
|60 ||1552 || |
|70 ||1555 || |
|80 ||1555 || |
|90 ||1550 || |
|100 ||1543 || |
- Seawater with salinity S = 35 (35.17 g/kg)
- 1 m/s = 3.28 ft/s
- Speed and Velocity of Sound - Speed of sound in air, fluids and solids. Formulas and values for different materials
Note that speed is a scalar quantity. Velocity is vector quantity with direction.
- Room acoustics and acoustic properties, decibel A, B and C, Noise Rating (NR) curves, sound transmission, sound pressure, sound intensity and sound attenuation.
- The study of fluids - liquids and gases. Involving velocity, pressure, density and temperature as functions of space and time.
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Speed of sound in air at standard atmospheric pressure with temperatures ranging -40 to 1000oC (-40 to 1500oF) - Imperial and SI Units.
- Speed of sound in some gases at zero degrees Celsius and atmospheric pressure.
- Speed of sound in common fluids like water, glycerol, kerosene and more.
- Speed of sound in solids and metals like aluminum, brass, concrete and more.
- The speed and attenuation of sound in moist air varies with sound frequency and air humidity.
- An introduction to the nature of sound with frequencies, wave-lengths and octaves.
- Calculate the speed of sound (the sonic velocity) in gases, fluids or solids.
- A free online speed of sound calculator.
- Altitude and speed of sound, temperature and pressure.
- Convert between speed and velocity units like m/s, km/h, knots, mph and ft/s.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2004). Water - Speed of Sound vs. Temperature. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/sound-speed-water-d_598.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.