Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Standard signals used for transmission from sensor to controller.
Standards used for signal transmission from sensor to controller in industrial processes:
Signal Transmission from Sensor to Controller
|Pneumatic pressure ||3 - 15 psig, 20 - 100 kPa |
|Voltage ||0 - 10 V (or 0 - 5 V) |
|Electric current (direct current) ||4 - 20 mA |
More and more sensor to/from controller transmission are now done with "smart" equipmement and wire/wireless data communication.
- Instrumentation and process control systems - design and documentation.
- Draw HVAC diagrams online with this Google Drive drawing tool.
- Devices - sensors - communicating physical properties to observers.
- Schematic illustration of a functional relationship between piping, instrumentation and system components.
- Draw P&ID diagrams online in the browser with Google Docs.
- The Process Flow Diagram (PFD) is a schematic illustration of a system.
- Common terms used in the process control terminology.
- Proportional, integrating and derivative process controllers.
- ISA process instrumentation codes - and combinations.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2012). Signal Transmission - Standards. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/signal-transmission-sensor-controller-d_1823.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.