Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Letter and digit codes to indicating resistor values.
Values of resistors can be indicated with letters and digit codes:
Resistors - Letters and Digit Codes
|0.47 Ω ||R47 |
|1 Ω ||1R0 |
|4.7 Ω ||4R7 |
|47 Ω ||47R |
|100 Ω ||100R |
|1 kΩ ||1K0 |
|1 MΩ ||1M |
Tolerance is indicated as
F = +- 1%
G = +- 2%
J = +- 5%
K = +- 10%
M = +- 20%
Example - Resistor with letter and digit code
4R7K = 4.7 Ω +- 10%
- Electrical units, amps and electrical wiring, wire gauge and AWG, electrical formulas and motors.
- Resistance, voltage and current in electrical parallel circuits.
- Resistors in parallel and serial connections.
- Color codes for fixed resistors - values and tolerances - online calculator.
- Preferred number series for resistors.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Resistors - Letters and Digit Codes . [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/resistors-value-letter-digit-code-d_1656.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.