- Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Friction and efficiency in bearings and roller chains.
Typical efficiencies of well lubricated small machine elements:
- ordinary bearings : 95 - 98%
- roller bearings : 98%
- ball bearings : 99%
- spur gears with cut teeth including bearings : 99%
- bevel gears with cut teeth including bearings : 98%
- belts : 96 - 98%
- high-class silent power transmission chain : 97 - 99%
- roller chains : 95 - 97%
- bicycle derailer : 87 - 97%
- bicycle gear hub : 86 - 95%
Forces, acceleration, displacement, vectors, motion, momentum, energy of objects and more.
Fan vs. motor speed in belt driven fans.
Calculate length and speed of belt and belt gearing.
Calculate belts power transmission and efficiency
Calculate electric motor efficiency.
Oil viscosity vs. temperature.
Friction theory with calculator and friction coefficients for combinations of materials like ice, aluminum, steel, graphite and many more.
Gear train transmissions - bicycle gearing.
Gears effort force vs. load force.
ISO-VG viscosity grades for industrial lubricants.
Rolling friction and rolling resistance.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
The Engineering ToolBox (2018). Efficiency of Small Machine Elements. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/efficiency-small-machine-elements-d_2076.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.