A tutorial introduction to pneumatic transport of powders.
- Dilute phase and dense phase transport
- The choking velocity in vertical transport
- The saltation velocity in horizontal transport
- Design for dilute phase transport
- Dense phase transport
- Matching the system to the powder
Pipe lines - fluid flow and pressure loss - water, sewer, steel pipes, pvc pipes, copper tubes and more.
Hydraulic and pneumatic systems - fluids, forces, pumps and pistons.
Pneumatic transport systems used to move powder and other solid products.
Particle sizes for common products like coal, sand, ash and more.
Separators used in pneumatic solids transport systems and their minimum particle size.
US commercial sieve sizes vs. mesh designations.
Volume of natural stockpiles - cubic feet, yard, metre and decimetre.