ASTM International, originally known as the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), is one of the largest voluntary standards development organizations in the world - a trusted source for technical standards for materials, products, systems, and services.
The standards includes test procedures for determining or verifying characteristics as chemical composition, measuring performance. The standards cover refined materials as steel and basic products as machinery and fabricated equipment.
The ASTM standards are published in a set of 67 volumes in 16 sections:
- Volume 00.01 - Subject Index - Alphanumeric List
Section 1 - Iron and Steel Products
- Volume 01.01 - Steel - Piping, Tubing, Fittings
- Volume 01.02 - Ferrous Castings; Ferroalloys
- Volume 01.03 - Steel - Plate, Sheet, Strip, Wire; Stainless Steel Bar
- Volume 01.04 - Steel - Structural, Reinforcing, Pressure Vessel, Railway
- Volume 01.05 - Steel - Bars, Forgings, Bearing, Chain, Springs
- Volume 01.06 - Coated Steel Products
- Volume 01.07 - Ships and Marine Technology
- Volume 01.08 - Fasteners
Section 2 - Nonferrous Metal Products
- Volume 02.01 - Copper and Copper Alloys
- Volume 02.02 - Aluminum and Magnesium Alloys
- Volume 02.03 - Electrical Conductors
- Volume 02.04 - Metals: Nickel, Cobalt, Lead, Tin, Zinc, Cadmium, Precious, Reactive, Refractory Metals and Alloys; Materials for Thermostats, Electrical Testing and Resistance, Contacts, Connectors
- Volume 02.05 - Metallic and Inorganic Coatings; Metal Powders; Sintered P/M Structural Parts
Section 3 - Metals Test Methods and Analytical Procedures
- Volume 03.01 - Metals - Mechanical Testing; Elevated and Low-Temperature Tests; Metallography
- Volume 03.02 - Wear and Erosion; Metal Corrosion
- Volume 03.03 - Nondestructive Testing
- Volume 03.04 - Magnetic Properties
- Volume 03.05 - Analytical Chemistry for Metals, Ores, and Related Materials (I): E 32 to E 1724
- Volume 03.06 - Analytical Chemistry for Metals, Ores, and Related Materials (II): E356 to latest; Molecular Spectroscopy; Surface Analysis
Section 4 - Construction
- Volume 04.01 - Cement, Lime; Gypsum
- Volume 04.02 - Concrete and Aggregates
- Volume 04.03 - Road and Paving Materials; Vehicle-Pavement Systems
- Volume 04.04 - Roofing and Waterproofing
- Volume 04.05 - Roofing, Waterproofing, and Bituminous Materials
- Volume 04.06 - Thermal Insulation; Environmental Acoustics
- Volume 04.07 - Building Seals and Sealants; Fire Standards; Dimension Stone
- Volume 04.08 - Soil and Rock (I): D 420 to D 5779
- Volume 04.09 - Soil and Rock (II): D 5780 - latest; Geosynthetics
- Volume 04.10 - Wood
- Volume 04.11 - Building Construction
- Volume 04.12 - Building Constructions (II): E 1672 - latest; Property Management Systems
- Volume 04.13 - Geosynthetics
Section 5 - Petroleum Products, Lubricants, and Fossil Fuels
- Volume 05.01 - Petroleum Products and Lubricants (I): D 56 - D 2596
- Volume 05.02 - Petroleum Products and Lubricants (II): D 2597 - D 4927
- Volume 05.03 - Petroleum Products and Lubricants (III): D 4928 - D 5950
- Volume 05.04 - Petroleum Products and Lubricants (IV): D 5966 - latest
- Volume 05.05 - Test Methods for Rating Motor, Diesel, and Aviation Fuels; Catalysts; Manufactured Carbon and Graphite Products
- Volume 05.06 - Gaseous Fuels; Coal and Coke
Section 6 - Paints, Related Coatings, and Aromatics
- Volume 06.01 - Paint - Tests for Chemical, Physical, and Optical Properties; Appearance
- Volume 06.02 - Paint - Products and Applications; Protective Coatings; Pipeline Coatings
- Volume 06.03 - Paint - Pigments, Drying Oils, Polymers, Resins, Naval Stores, Cellulosic Esters, and Ink Vehicles
- Volume 06.04 - Paint - Solvents; Aromatic Hydrocarbons
Section 7 - Textiles
- Volume 07.01 - Textiles (I): D76 - D3218
- Volume 07.02 - Textiles (II): D3333 - latest
Section 8 - Plastics
- Volume 08.01 - Plastics (I): D 256 - D 2343
- Volume 08.02 - Plastics (II): D 2383 - D 4322
- Volume 08.03 - Plastics (III): D 4329 - latest
- Volume 08.04 - Plastic Pipe and Building Products
Section 9 - Rubber
- Volume 09.01 - Rubber, Natural and Synthetic -- General Test Methods; Carbon Black
- Volume 09.02 - Rubber Products, Industrial - Specifications and Related Test Methods: Gaskets; Tires
Section 10 - Electrical Insulation and Electronics
- Volume 10.01 - Electrical Insulation (I): D 69 - D 2484
- Volume 10.02 - Electrical Insulation (II): D 2518 - latest
- Volume 10.03 - Electrical Insulating Liquids and Gases; Electrical Protective Equipment
- Volume 10.04 - Electronics
Section 11 - Water and Environmental Technology
- Volume 11.01 - Water (I)
- Volume 11.02 - Water (II)
- Volume 11.03 - Atmospheric Analysis; Occupational Health and Safety; Protective Clothing
- Volume 11.04 - Environmental Assessment; Hazardous Substances and Oil Spill Responses; Waste Management
- Volume 11.05 - Biological Effects and Environmental Fate; Biotechnology; Pesticides
Section 12 - Nuclear, Solar, and Geothermal Energy
- Volume 12.01 - Nuclear Energy (I)
- Volume 12.02 - Nuclear Energy (II), Solar, and Geothermal Energy
Section 13 - Medical Devices and Services
- Volume 13.01 - Medical Devices; Emergency Medical Services
- Volume 13.02 - Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue
Section 14 - General Methods and Instrumentation
- Volume 14.01 - Healthcare Informatics
- Volume 14.02 - General Test Methods; Forensic Sciences; Terminology; Conformity Assessment; Statistical Methods
- Volume 14.03 - Temperature Measurement
- Volume 14.04 - Laboratory Apparatus; Degradation of Materials; SI; Oxygen Fire Safety
Section 15 - General Products, Chemical Specialties, and End Use Products
- Volume 15.01 - Refractures; Activated Carbon; Advanced Ceramics
- Volume 15.02 - Glass; Ceramic Whitewares
- Volume 15.03 - Space Simulation; Aerospace and Aircraft; High Modulus Fibers
- Volume 15.04 - Soaps and Other Detergents; Polishes; Leather; Resilient Floor Coverings
- Volume 15.05 - Engine Coolants; Halogenated Organic Solvents and Fire Extinguishing Agents; Industrial and Specialty Chemicals
- Volume 15.06 - Adhesives
- Volume 15.07 - Sport Equipment; Safety and Traction for Footwear; Amusement Rides; Consumer Products
- Volume 15.08 - Sensory Evaluation; Vacuum Cleaners; Security Systems; Detention Facilities; Food Service Equipment
- Volume 15.09 - Paper; Packaging; Flexible Barrier Materials; Business Imaging Products
Piping codes and standards - ASME, ANSI, ASTM, AGA, API, AWWA, BS, ISO, DIN and more..
National and International organizations producing codes and standards - ANSI, ISO, DIN, BSi and more.
ASTM standards in sections and volumes.
An overview of ASTM International - American Society for Testing and Materials - valve standards.
Dimensions of copper tubes ASTM B306 Drain Waste and Vent - DWV.
Water and gas copper tubes according ASTM B88 - type K, L and M - imperial units.
Cross reference for fittings, flanges, unions and cast and foged valves.
The ASTM standards covers various types of steel pipes, tubes and fittings for high-temperature services, ordinary use and special applications such as fire protection use
An overview of the ASTM Volume 01.01 standard.
An overview of ASTM Section 5 - Petroleum Products, Lubricants, and Fossil Fuels - Volume 05.06 Gaseous Fuels, Coal and Coke.
Water flow and pressure loss (psi/ft) due to friction in copper tubes ASTM B88 Types K, L and M.
World wide steel pipe standardization organizations.