Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Pressure classes, schedules and weights of pipes for threaded & socket welded fittings.
Pipe Schedule and Designation
|Threaded Fittings ||80/XS ||160 ||XXS || |
|Socket-welded Fittings || ||80/XS ||160 ||XXS |
- Standard (STD), Extra Strong (XS) and Double Extra Strong (XXS)
- Schedule - numbers assigned to different wall thickness of pipe (i.e. schedule 80)
Threaded fittings are available in pressure classes 2000, 3000 and 6000.
Socket-welded fittings are available in pressure classes 3000, 6000 and 9000.
- Piping codes and standards - ASME, ANSI, ASTM, AGA, API, AWWA, BS, ISO, DIN and more..
- Dimensions of pipes and tubes, materials and capacities, pressure drop calculations and charts, insulation and heat loss diagrams.
- Internal and external diameters, areas, weights, volumes and number of threads for ANSI schedule 40 steel pipes.
- Internal and external diameters, areas, weights, volumes and number of threads for schedule 80 steel pipes.
- Standard dimensions and weight of PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride - and CPVC - Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride.
- The ASTM standards covers various types of steel pipes, tubes and fittings for high-temperature services, ordinary use and special applications such as fire protection use
- International Organization for Standardization - ISO - pipe, tube and fittings standards and specifications.
- Japanese industrial pipe, tube and fittings standards and specifications from the Japanese Standards Association - JAS.
- Nominal wall thickness of seamless and welded carbon and alloy steel pipes
- Introduction to the schedule terminology of pipes.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2003). Threaded & Socket Welded Steel Fittings - Pressure Classes vs. Schedules. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/threaded-socket-welded-fittings-d_33.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.