Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Vessel and cargo capacities.
Internal Capacity of a Vessel
- 1 register ton = 100 cubic feet
Measurement of Cargo
- 40 cubic feet = 32.143 U.S. bushels = 31.16 Imperial bushels
bulk weights less than 2000 pounds
- approximately 40 cubic feet of merchandise considered as a shipping ton
bulk weights more than 2000 pounds
- freight charge based on weight
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Friction, load and effort forces acting in ropes turned around bollards.
- Stability - the center of gravity vs. the center of buoyancy.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Shipping Measuring Units. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/shipping-measure-vessel-cargo-d_1603.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.