Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Calculate the volume flow discharged through a smooth-walled circular pipe.
The Poiseuille's formula express the disharged streamlined volume flow through a smooth-walled circular pipe:
V = π p r4 / 8 η l (1)
V = discharge volume flow (m3/s)
p = pressure difference between the ends of the pipe (N/m2, Pa)
r = internal radius of pipe (m)
l = length of pipe (m)
η = viscosity of fluid
- The study of fluids - liquids and gases. Involving velocity, pressure, density and temperature as functions of space and time.
- Convert between dynamic or absolute viscosity units - Poiseuille, Poise, centPoise and more.
- The entrance length is the length in a tube or duct after an obstruction - until the flow velocity profile is fully developed.
- Vicosity is a fluid's resistance to flow and can be valued as dynamic (absolute) or kinematic.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Poiseuille's Formula. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/poiseulle-formula-d_1625.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.