Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Commonly used plastic abbreviations.
- ABS - Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- CPE - Chlorinated polyethylene
- CPVC - Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride
- EPDM - Ethylene propylene di-monomer
- EPS - Expanded polystyrene
- ETFE - Ethyl tetra fluoro ethylene
- EVA - Ethylene vinyl acetate
- GRP - Glass-reinforced polyester, Fibreglass
- HDPE - High density polyethylene
- HIPS - High impact polystyrene
- LDPE - Low density polyethylene
- MF - Melamine-formaldehyde
- PA - Polyamide, Nylon
- PB - Polybutylene
- PC - Polycarbonate
- PE - Polyethylene
- PF - Phenol-formaledehyde, Bakelite
- PMMA - Polymethyl methacrylate, Perspex
- PP - Polypropylene
- PS - Polystyrene
- PTFE - Polytetrafluoroethylene
- PU - Polyurethane
- PVA - Polyvinyl acetate, latex emulsion
- PVC - polyvinyl chloride
- PVB - Polyvinyl butyral
- PVF - Polyvinyl fluoride
- UF - Urea-formaldehyde
- UP - Unsaturated polyester
- UPVC - Unplasticised polyvinyl chloride
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Commonly used standards for fiberglass pipes and their applications.
- Symbol codes and labeling used for recycling plastic products like bottles, containers and packagin.
- Thermal conductivity of plastics.
- Chemical resistance of Polyester to products like Acetic acid, Diesel oil and others.
- Densities, tensile strength, elongation, Youngs modulus and Brinell hardness.
- Common solids - like brick, cement, glass and many more - and their specific heats - in Imperial and SI units.
- Young's Modulus (or Tensile Modulus alt. Modulus of Elasticity) and Ultimate Tensile Strength and Yield Strength for materials like steel, glass, wood and many more.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2011). Plastics - Abbreviations. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/plastics-abbreviations-d_1778.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.