Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Conveyor required power consumption vs. load.
Level Ground Conveyors
Horsepower required for conveyors transporting material on level ground:
- 1 hp (English horse power) = 745.7 W = 0.746 kW
- 1 ft (foot) = 0.3048 m = 12 in = 0.3333 yd
With lifting conveyors - add lifting power from the chart below to the level ground power from the chart above.
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Calculate length and speed of belt and belt gearing.
- Calculate belts power transmission and efficiency
- Maximum conveyor belt speed.
- Calculate conveyor capacities.
- Maximum conveyor inclination slopes for typical products.
- Pneumatic transport systems used to move powder and other solid products.
- Recommended air velocity for pneumatic transport of products like cement, coal, flour and more.
- US commercial sieve sizes vs. mesh designations.
- Volume of natural stockpiles - cubic feet, yard, metre and decimetre.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2009). Conveyors - Load & Power Consumption. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/conveyor-power-load-d_1560.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.