Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Recommended size of explosion doors or draught stabilizers in oil fired installations.
The table below can be used to estimate release openings in chimneys:
Chimneys - Release Openings
|Cross Sectional Area of Chimney|
|Approximately Release Opening of Stabilizer|
|0.025 - 0.050 ||150 x 230 |
|0.050 - 0.125 ||200 x 330 |
|0.125 - 0.200 ||330 x 450 |
|0.200 - 0.400 ||400 x 600 |
|0.400 - 1.000 ||600 x 800 |
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Calculate chimney draft and required chimney area - online calculator.
- Chimneys and fireplaces for stoves burning wood or coal as fuel.
- Critical temperatures and concentration parameters for substances like coal, zinc, uranium and more.
- Pot types, gun types and rotary types fuel burners.
- Maximum fire sprinkler protected area vs. classification and construction.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2003). Chimney's Explosion Doors. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/chimneys-explosion-doors-d_173.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.