Troy weight is a system of units of mass used for precious metals.
- 1 ounce Troy = 20 pennyweights = 480 grains = 31.103 grams
- 1 pennyweight = 24 grains
- 1 carat (used when weighing diamonds) = 3.086 grains = 200 mg = 0.2 10-3 kg = 1/5000 kg
- 1 grain Troy = 1 grain avoirdupois = 1 grain apothecaries' weight = 0.0648 gram
- 1.0000 lb = 14.5833 Troy Oz = 453.5917 grams
Note that a carat is a unit of weight used to measure the size of gemstones like diamonds. A karat is a measurement indicating the proportion of gold in an alloy.
Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
An introduction to density, specific weight and specific gravity.
Mass vs. weight - the Gravity Force.
Units of fineness - Karat.