Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Calculate length of safety valves vent pipes.
Maximum length of relief valve vent lines
can be calculated as
lm = 0.56 (1.1 pr + 14.7)2 di5 / qa2 (1)
lm = maximum length of vent line (feet)
pr = relief pressure (psi)
di = inside diameter (inches)
qa = air flow (lbs./min)
- Air, LNG, LPG and other common gas properties, pipeline capacities, sizing of relief valves.
- Safety valves with boilers ranging 275 to 1500 kW.
- Calculate pilot operated relief valves in liquid systems.
- Maximum safety valve free air relief capacity.
- The most common used safety valve standards in Germany, UK, USA, France, Japan, Australia and Europe.
- Calculate spring operated relief valves in liquid systems.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2005). Relief Valves - Length of Vent Pipes. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/relief-valve-vent-line-length-d_489.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.