- Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Convert builder's measurements to surveyor's measurements.
Builders measurements can be converted to Surveyor's measurements with the calculator below:
Some units of measurement used in past and present surveys:
- 1 meter = 39.37 in = 3.2808 ft
- 1 rod = 1 pole = 1 perch = 16½ ft = 5.029 m
- 1 engineer’s chain = 100 ft = 100 links = 30.48 m
- 1 Gunter’s chain = 66 ft = 20.11 m = 100 Gunter’s links (lk) = 4 rods
- 1 acre = 100000 sq (Gunter’s) links = 43560 ft2 = 160 rods2 = 10 sq (Gunter’s) chains = 4046.87 m2 = 0.4047 ha
- 1 rood = 3/4 acre = 1011.5 m2 = 40 rods2
- 1 ha = 10000 m2 = 107639.10 ft2 = 2.471 acres
- 1 arpent = about 0.85 acre
- 1 square arpent about 3439.1 m2
- 1 statute mi = 5280 ft = 1609.35 m
- 1 mi2 = 640 acres = 258.94 ha
- 1 nautical mi (U.S.) = 6080.27 ft = 1853.248 m
- 1 fathom = 6 ft = 1.829 m
- 1 cubit = 18 in = 0.457 m
- 1 vara = 33 in
Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
Online app that can be used to make an exact plot of a surveyed area - like a room, a property or any 2D shape.
Commonly used blueprint drawing scales.
Convert between Degrees, Minutes and Seconds and Decimal Units (or vice versa).
Convert between length units like meters, feet, inches, nautical miles and more.
Free online UTM to Latitude and Longitude coordinates converter.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Builder's to Surveyor's Measurements. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/builder-surveyor-measurements-d_1716.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.