Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
British Standard Cycle is a British Imperial screw thread standard.
British Standard Cycle is a British Imperial screw thread standard made for bicycle and motorcycle applications.
- TPI = threads per inch
- the thread angle is 60 degrees
The fine pitch allows high torque settings and is resistant to vibrations.
Note that the most commonly used bottom bracket thread today is 1 3/8" x 24 TPI.
- Thread data - metric, unified, ACME and others.
- NPS pressure tight straight pipe threads with lubricant or sealer.
- NPT and NPTF pipe threads - dimensions according ANSI/ASME B1.20.1/3.
- British Brass Thread is an imperial unit based screw thread.
- Requirements for thread form, dimensions, tolerances and designation for fastening pipe threads, thread sizes.
- Dimensions of ISO metric trapezoidal screw threads.
- Pressure-tight joints made on the pipe threads.
- Applied threaded standards used for piping connections.
- Piping thread standards.
- BSPP (G) - British Standard Pipe Parallel and BSPT (R/Rp) – British Standard Tapered Pipe for pipes and tapered threads - G/R/Rp.
- Taps and drill sizes used for Whitworth - ISO 7 and ISO 228 threads.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2018). British Standard Cycle Threads. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/british-standard-cycle-thread-d_2041.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.